Surya - Lingusamy New Movie Test Shoot Stills















Surya-Lingusamy-Santhosh Sivan set world record


This combination is something unexpected, but has turned up with huge surprise on more interesting note. The untitled film of Surya's next will be directed by Lingusamy and is produced by Subash Chandra Bose of Tirupathi Brothers. The film had a test shoot this morning and cinematographer Santhosh Sivan has used 'Red Dragon Camera'. This is the first film in the entire world to be shot with this camera and not even Hollywood has tried with this one. This morning, the test shooting was held at Prasad Studios that was graced by the engineers of Red Dragon and Angenieux lens. Soon after this film, A-league director Ridley Scott will make a film with this camera.


Working with Surya and Lingusamy for the first time, cinematographer Santhosh Sivan says, "It's a good project. What impressed me a lot about this film was the racy elements in the script narrated by Lingusamy that is mixed with a lot of commercial elements." The film will go on floors from November 15 and will shot in full-stretch till April 2014. The makers are planning to release the film in May 2014.

Samantha plays the female lead role opposite Surya and rest of the cast are yet to be finalised. The film has musical score by Yuvan Shankar Raja, cinematography by Santhosh Sivan, art by Rajeevan, Anthony on editing and Brinda Sarathy writes dialogues.

A scene involving Surya rendering some dialogues was shot inside the indoor studio and later the Santhosh Sivan-Surya-Lingusamy trio made a test shoot for the view of media channels.

Surya @ All in All Azhagu Raja Audio Launch Pics













Surya at Kaali Movie launch Stills






Santosh Sivan signs up for Surya film

Santosh Sivan the ace cinematographer has signed up to be the cameraman for Surya’s next film to be directed by Lingusamy!

The shoot of the film is starting in November.The Lingusamy directed action thriller has Surya, Samantha and Prakash Raj in the lead. It has music by Yuvan Shankar Raja. The director and producer was in Bangalore last week scouting locations for the film.

At the moment Santosh has completed all work on his Ceylon and planning to release it by November. For the cameraman it is his next big commercial film after AR Murgadoss’s

Surya's six lakhs for a lofty cause

We are all aware of actor Surya’s social services and his willingness to participate in social awareness programs. The latest update of the actor’s participation in a social awareness program is that he inaugurated a free dialysis centre in the RVS hospital located at Sulur, Coimbatore.

The free dialysis centre is apparently an initiative by the Tamilnad Kidney Research Foundation (TANKER Foundation). Actor Surya also donated an amount of rupees 6 lakhs towards the purchase of a dialysis machine.



Surya walks out of Gautham’s project


It’s not-so-good news for the fans of actor Surya. After the release of 'Singam 2', the actor was expected to join hands with director Gautham Menon for 'Dhruva Natchathiram', which might have been their third film together if actor Surya didn’t decide to move out from the project on Thursday. The pooja for 'Dhruva Natchathiram' happened recently and the shoot was carried out for a week. But the project didn’t progress, as Surya wasn’t too happy about the script. Recently Gautham Menon wrote in his microblogging website, “Reworked a script for Surya. Hopefully we’ll start very soon. Lots of writing, lots of scripts in hand now. Here’s to good times ahead.” But in contrary to his tweet, in an official statement to press, the Varanam Aayiram star has confirmed that he wouldn’t be a part of 'Dhruva Natchathiram'.

In the press release, Surya said, “I have very clearly shared my expectations with Mr. Gautham and only after he completely accepted we signed the agreement. However even after a lapse of a year, I am yet to receive a complete script. I did support him despite my hesitation when he wanted to perform the pooja ceremony and the test shoot, out of respect for him as a creator. Even after six months completion of my previous film 'Singam 2', I was anxiously waiting to receive the complete script to my satisfaction. However all I have received so far are only incomplete scripts and few scenes. I am left without any hint of when a full script will ever be ready and delivered.”

Surya added, “To sum up, I would like to mention that all I have been asking is a complete story line and bound script which is only fair to be provided to an actor. It has come to a point where I have lost valuable time and cannot afford to wait any further. Hence with deep sense of pain I have taken the decision to exit the project.” Director Gautham Menon was not available to comment. Sources in the industry say that Surya will now begin to work for director Lingusamy’s project full time.

Singam 2 scores a century!


Surya's last release Singam 2 has crossed 100 days in theatres and needless to say, the team is on cloud nine. The producer of the film thanked the audience for the support he received from the audience. The film was directed by Hari and had Surya, Anushka, Hansika, Vivekh and Santhanam in the lead.

Now the actor is all set to team up with director Lingusamy for a film, the shoot for which will begin in November. The film was a sequel to Singam that released in 2010. The original was remade in Hindi as Singham and had Ajay Devgn in the lead
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...